Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dylan Dog.


Even Flow (2). Dylan Dog, Rubert Everett, and Pearl Jam.

Currently, I am reading The Dylan Dog Case Files, which is quite an amazing comic book, I had never head of Dylan Dog till earlier this year, when I had got my hands on Cemetery Man, a cult classic horror film, which is one of my favorites, now I have to admit I am confused over who “Francesco Dellamorte” to Dylan Dog… Though I’ve read that he is a “Alter-Ego” to Dylan Dog, and as well as a completely different character all together in the universe of Dylan Dog.

Anyway, the film captured my ever steady need for “amazing horror films”, not just good or so-so, but good, classic, defining, the cream of the ooze so to speak. And Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore) was on the list and I came across it by mistake and I actually had to convince myself to buy it, along with that I had picked up Gozu, which also ended up being one of my favorite horror films as well as favorite films in general.

So Curious about Cemetery Man, I watched the special features (Making of and such) and found out that it was loosely based off of a comic book, this peaked my interest meter a bit and I looked it up, and I had found out that Dylan Dog is one of the biggest Italian comic books, with “More then one million copies per month printed” and huge critical and pubic reaction. So, no %*$@ I wanted to read it. But the problem came when trying to find it.

Much like everything in life that I crave for, I have to hunt it down like a wild animal, so I hit the usual websites and as usual, I came up dry - which didn’t surprise me. I had found out that most of the English Dylan Dog comics have been long out of print and are now collectors items. Which again, didn’t surprise me. So I put my “want” to find the comic aside and focused on other productive things, like not looking for it.

So a few days ago, randomly looking though various whatever, I had came across the Dark Horse website, a site I like to keep in my pocket, since they are one of the best comic publishers to date. And I come to find the words “The Dylan Dog Case Files” which instantly catches my eye and I come to find that they released an English volume with 600 pages plus worth of Dylan Dog, needless to say, I found it.

And now, it’s one of the best Euro comics I’ve read, and maybe one of the best comics I own period. But yes… Moving on…

Currently, I don’t know. That’s basically my mind state at the moment. A whole lot of “blah” within my brain.

Although exciting news, I had found out that Devil’s Due Publishing will be re-releasing Humanoid Comics, meaning that good out of print Euro comics will be back in the states and hopefully be re-releasing The Incal, among others! This makes me a happy panda.
And Pearl Jam’s new album will be released this year, so double whoot.

Hmm, I’ve lost any direction as to where I wanted to go with this… I guess that’s why it’s called “Lucid Flow” or now I should say Even Flow. I was told that no one would search LUCID FLOW and I am sure their right, so I changed it to the overly hyped single from Pearl Jam’s TEN, so I hope I am not hitting some… copy-right infringement thing. I didn’t mean to. I blame marketing. DAMN YOU MARKETING! Your such a cold and cruel lover!

… So how about them cubs. (rhetorical question.)




- A

No comments:

Post a Comment