Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Post Punk, Film, Problems.


I don’t know what to write about, being a “writer” in general has it’s good qualities and it’s horrible bits. Writers block is one of them, but there isn’t really anything stopping me from writing. So it’s not a block. And I can write a bunch of random things for various projects, just nothing for the Blog.

This is just a stream of lucid thought… basically, writing what comes to mind or finger tips in this case.

Currently, I am infatuated with post-punk music, I find it to be artistically gratifying. So far the bands on my radar are as fallowed…

Joy Division. Sonic Youth. The Cure. Bauhaus. Public Image LTD. Siouxsie and the Banshees. Fugazi. Husker Du. Killing Joke. Echo and the Bunnymen. Love and Rockets. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Swans. The Sisters of Mercy.

Interestingly enough, that some of these bands, like Bauhaus and the Cure, I have been involved with for quite some time (meaning I’ve owned albums for years, rather then months). And some bands like Siouxsie, Joy, Husker, and Echo - I responded poorly too. I felt that the music lacked anything I was looking for at the time I first heard them. And about … 9 months ago, I started looking into they’re work again and now I can’t get enough of it.

Only problem is, is that so few stores / resale-shops carry these bands, which causes problems for me, because I am a cheap bastard and usually buy used, or less then retail, but more used then anything else. Anyway, I am usually rarely unable to find 90% of the bands I listed above, which seriously bothers me. But then again, who ever owns these albums must love them enough to not let them slip through they’re fingers, but still aches since I barely am able to get my hands on any of it, with out taking out a 9 loan on 5 houses I don’t own. (in other words, some of these albums coast a arm and a ^*%*($ leg. It’s %$(*% but what am I going to do about it.

Anyway, aside from my love for an amazing music genre…

Currently I am working on two small film projects, one is a short “horror” story and the other is a music video for practice. Both of which are going along smoothly. The short film already has a cast, hair and make-up. So hopefully I’ll be working on that in a psychical form soon.

Outside of that, I’ve been in and out of the gloom and doom mood, I am starting to feel like my emotions or rather my mind, can make up what it wants from me. I am really tried of this rollercoaster ride with how I feel. And I’d detail about those things but I am 5 steps away from turning into one of those “I am going to write in my blog and then send it to 56 people, to let them know how horrible I feel” people. Those people aggravate me.

Currently playing is Dead Souls, a 4:56 minute masterpiece of post-punk.

Oddly enough with Post-Punk, comes a familiar term “goth”. “Goth” is so… obscured that I am not even sure what it means aside from the historical meanings and the literary genres. It use to be a “trend” now made into a sort of “Movement” and even “Goth” has like 16 subgenres of “goth”.

When I was about 13, I use to think of myself as a “goth”, because I couldn’t or didn’t want to define myself as just “me”. I wanted to put myself into a suit that never fit me. I always had to label myself. Now I look back and think about how much of a dork I was… Still Am.

But yes, I feel obsolete and confused about various things, almost unsure about certain things, but none of it comes to me or my own self, which is reassuring but to what extent… that is a question for another day and an answer is far from being near me.

Anyway… I am not sure of what else to say, … aside from …. Sister Ray by Joy Division, is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment